Wednesday, September 28, 2005

AN INTRIGUING CONSTRAINT: THE BLURB PROJECT

Hmmm. So, Nick Carbo and I were discussing a possible project recently that required him to write a few lines on my writings. Well, Nick -- with his puckish sense of humor -- wrote something so hyped up that I joked it could be a blurb, to wit:

Eileen Tabios' poems have the capacity of intellect not seen since the days of Simone de Beauvoir and her well of inspiration is as deep as Marguerite Duras. She offers important work that will inspire future generations of poets and writers.

Then I said, "All I have to do is write a book to fit it."

Pause.

We paused. A wingtip rose to scratch moi head. An eyebrow rose...and Ladies and Gentlemen, a new project by Moi is born! And dear Folks, I invite you to participate!

To wit, write me a blurb. Send me a blurb. After collecting said blurbs, I'll write a new book to fit said blurbs!!!!!

Hah! Oulipo's got nuthin' on Moi!

And it doesn't even have to be a positive blurb. Make it a negative! Yah, yah -- I know a negative blurb is an oxymoron...but Moi is always about breaking the rules. So, please:

BLURB ME!!!!

You don't know my work? It doesn't matter! I don't know moi work. So purty-pleeze to blurb me!

Blurb me.

Blur me.

Blasphemy...

Blurred me.

Clarify me.

BLURB ME!

...send to GalateaTen@aol.com

___________
from The Chatelaine's Poetics Blog, Sept. 28, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home