Thursday, September 29, 2005

MOI AM REALLY IN YOUR HEAD!

ALLEN BRAMHALL WRITES IN:

Eileen R. Tabios is quite a writer, even in the 21st century. She has written quite a scad of books and this is one of them. It is called _The Serenade Twice Removed_. I don't know what that means except it sounds real interesting and it seems to fit what's going on. This is a really interesting book, as fans of Eileen Tabios and her voluminous oeuvre can already expect. Eileen uses lots of very long words in this book, which is interesting. Not weird words, but ones you don't see often. I thought it was excellent to see all those different words used like Eileen uses them, it really showed a different slant on things. Most poems use shorter words mainly, in my opinion, which is okay, but it is okay to use long words too. And plus, there's just a lot of poems and the like in the book. And that's OK too because you can be sure to enjoy this book because of its handling of its material and so forth. It handles its material really well. I enjoyed how she seemed to talk to me as I read it. It was like what she wrote became that voice in my head. I really enjoyed that part. I recommend _The Serenade Twice Removed_ highly. Its poetry will bring you closer to that voice in your head.

4 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger na said...

Just copying here a post from Allen Bramhall's Blog that may or may not be relevant for later:

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Party Art

I have used the power of words to overcome scads of books. I call it the serenade twice removed. that means sharing thoughts and ideas with fellow weird words. I thought it was excellent to use them colour'd with my words mainly. there's just a lot of poems and the like in the logistics, industry, association, distribution that declare that a procedure handles a specified event . I enjoy that serenade, navel-gazing, that voice in my head.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Simple Theories said...

this was a vigourous reworking of the original, just playing around. 1st 'I' could be replaced with 'I-Leen', and become a blurb as well.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger na said...

Ah, indeed. It's all about "I", i.e. Moi!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Simple Theories said...

only meant the rewrite is blurbish if the pronoun are pointed correctly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home