Thursday, October 13, 2005

ATTENTION SOTHEBY'S!! MOI BOOKS ARE AS VALUABLE AS MAGRITTE'S PAINTINGS!!!

RENE MAGRITTE WRITES IN, AS CHANNELED BY MARK YOUNG:

I am most impressed with the recent output of this Eileen Tabios woman, so many books, almost as many as I have paintings. But the performance of her publisher, Marat/Sade Press, leaves much to be desired.

Admittedly Bruxelles has only a few English language bookshops, but none of them could supply any of the titles from the ten page list I took with me. In one place I was even offered the latest Tom Clancy book,
Beware The Odes of Horace, as an appropriate replacement. I was tempted, but declined.

Could you please pass on to Mme Tabios my request that if she cares to send me a selection of her titles, I will do a copy of any one of my paintings for her in return. Something like
The Month of the Grape Harvest might be appropriate.

Could you also tell her that my wife enjoyed
La Brique immensely. It is really for Georgette that I am making this request. When she reads certain books she likes she becomes content and is at her best as a model. And when she reads other books she becomes aroused and is at her best in bed. Mme. Tabios’ books seem to be able to provide equal parts of these two desired qualities. I, of course, benefit greatly.

Maybe Mme Tabios would like two paintings.

With best wishes
René Magritte

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home