Wednesday, October 26, 2005

WAS MOI PARENTED BY A NAG AND AN ASS???!!!

BILLY JONES AKA BILLY THE BLOGGING POET WRITES IN:

Eileen Tabios' latest reminds me of a talking mule's story from SWEETFEED, THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF JACK T. MULE:

"I was born a poor brown mule -- my mother, an old gray nag, my father, an ass -- destined to a life, no more than a beast of burden. While I was born in Kentucky, it wasn't long before I was sold to a man folks called, Grandpa, and was taken to Virginia where I was to pull a wagon, pull a plow, pull logs to the sawmill, and let stupid little children jump up on my back, pull on my mane, and kick me in the ribs to get me to go faster. It wasn't the life I had envisioned."

2 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Billy Jones said...

Why does it look so much better on someone else's blog? ;-) Thanks.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger na said...

Ah yes. Interesting, isn't it? It's like how, something we write "looks" better (or feels more valid?) just cause it's published by someone else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home